Movies or the Bible?
Messages in our movies
Sex, profanity, violence, homosexulity, more sex, more violence in movies now a days and we wonder why we have so many problems in our society. Movies influce people in ways we don't even think of. There are so many messages in movies that we don't realize that are being exposed to veiwers like ourselves. Movies are shaping our minds in how we think and speak. Movies tend to shape beleifs on what is real and what isn't, whats cool and what is lame. How many of us have watched something and then went out and did something because of the message that the movie gave. Mabey it impacted us to go and help our neighbor by painting their house or mabey you caught yourself speeding because of the movie's impact.
Movies are the bible in today's culture, if people don't start changing or teaching kids what is right and what is wrong we are going to fall even deeper.
We are constantly trying to force the world to look like us — we need to move on.
- When the Berlin Wall fell in 1989, many Americans jumped for joy. At the time, some believed there weren't going to be any more political disagreements anywhere in the world. They thought American democracy had won the "war of ideas."
- American exceptionalism has sought to create a world order that's really a mirror image of ourselves — a liberal world order founded on the DNA of American thinking. To many abroad this looks like ethnic chauvinism.
- We need to move on from this way of thinking, and consider that sometimes "problem-solving," in global affairs, means the world makes us look like how it wants to be.
Scientists make an important discovery for the future of computing.
- Researchers find a new state of matter called "topological superconductivity".
- The state can lead to important advancements in quantum computing.
- Utilizing special particles that emerge during this state can lead to error-free data storage and blazing calculation speed.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.