Morality and god
Why would god make us moral? Did he have a reason for morality? If he had reasons for making us moral than what were the reasons? Was morality intended to help the human species as a whole? to help individuals act better toward one another? to help people realize that all humans are equal on some base level? If there were such reasons than we can remove god from the equation with Occams Razor. We dont need god if there are reasons for morality. If god had no reasons for making us moral than why would we be moral? To conform to his whim? If god had no reason for making us moral than morality serves no greater purpose than to please god by falling in line.
- Antimicrobial-resistant pathogens are one of the largest threats to global health today.
- Without intervention, resistant pathogens could result in 10 million annual deaths by 2050.
No, the Syrian civil war is not over. But it might be soon. Time for a recap
- The War in Syria has dropped off the radar, but it's not over (yet)
- This 1-minute video shows how the fronts have moved – and stabilised – over the past 22 months
Entrepreneur and author Andrew Horn shares his rules for becoming an assured conversationalist.
- To avoid basing action on external validation, you need to find your "authentic voice" and use it.
- Finding your voice requires asking the right questions of yourself.
- There are 3-5 questions that you would generally want to ask people you are talking to.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.