Mitochondrial genes are carried by a molecule of circular DNA of 16569b, inhereted by the mother Mitochondrial DNA, because the mitochondria of sperm are destroyed by the egg cell after fertilization. After the penetration of the sperm , the egg cell keeps the nuclear contain,and all the rest will be destroyed by enzyms, so by this mechanism, the mitochondria still just the mother’s one, plus to this, the mitochondria of the sperm is presented in its tail for proplling the cell. This mitochondrial DNA is transmissed to all of the mother’s descendants boys and girls, but this transmission stops at each boy, so if there is any mutation to this DNA, all the girls inherit it to their descendants. The mitochondrial DNA contain a lot of genes such as :NADH dehydrogenase, ATP synthase. The most known desease by mitochondrial DNA is leber’s Hereditary optic Atrophy wich is a brutal loss of vision and quickly for teenagers and young adults.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
If you're lacking confidence and feel like you could benefit from an ego boost, try writing your life story.
In truth, so much of what happens to us in life is random – we are pawns at the mercy of Lady Luck. To take ownership of our experiences and exert a feeling of control over our future, we tell stories about ourselves that weave meaning and continuity into our personal identity.
What do the inventions of the future look like?
- Self-sustaining space colonies and unlimited fusion energy would bring humanity to a new point in our evolution.
- Flying cars and robot butlers could be the next paradigm shift in our tech appetite for change.
- Death and consensus reality might soon become obsolete.
A space memorial company plans to launch the ashes of "Pikachu," a well-loved Tabby, into space.
- Steve Munt, Pikachu's owner, created a GoFundMe page to raise money for the mission.
- If all goes according to plan, Pikachu will be the second cat to enter space, the first being a French feline named Felicette.
- It might seem frivolous, but the cat-lovers commenting on Munt's GoFundMe page would likely disagree.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.