Love big ideas? Big Think is seeking a social media intern!
Want to build your skills while working on content that makes you smarter, faster? Apply now.
- Big Think is seeking a social media intern to join its team in December.
- Applicants who know their way around YouTube's creator studio and are skilled in Photoshop will be highly valued.
- Passion for ideas and a broad interest in the world—including science/technology, design/architecture, global development, entertainment/arts—is a must.
Do you love ideas, write like a pro, and know how to engage a crowd on YouTube? Big Think is looking for you.
As Big Think's social media intern, you'll work with us on everything related to YouTube, from community management and optimization to graphics creation and analytics. Photoshop proficiency is a highly desired skill, as is familiarity with TubeBuddy or VidIQ.
You'll also be involved across our social media platforms—including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit—and will work on building referral traffic and strong SEO roots for our content via Flipboard and Quora.
Passion for ideas and a broad interest in the world—including science/technology, design/architecture, global development, entertainment/arts—is a must. A sincere commitment to Big Think's mission to 'help people and organizations get smarter faster for success in the 21st century knowledge economy' is key.
Interns with a strong work ethic, a solid sense of time management, and a deep interest in YouTube will thrive in this role.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Community management and engaging with fans on YouTube, as well as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Reddit
- Optimizing Big Think's YouTube channel ecosystem and video metadata, plus building smart playlists
- Reporting on performance across social media platforms
- Driving traffic to bigthink.com through social media partnerships
- Developing and executing a strategy for Quora and Flipboard
- Collaborating with other Big Think teams as needed.
- Familiarity with TubeBuddy or VidIQ and Photoshop is a big plus
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Mastery of social media platforms
- Comfort with analytics platforms, mobile apps, and content management systems
- Attention to detail and commitment to getting it right
- A keen sense of editorial judgment and a commitment to consistency of brand, tone and voice
- Strong work ethic and high level of autonomy.
How to apply
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Social media intern' in the subject line. Please include your resume, a short cover letter, and your availability. Applications close on Dec 9 at 5 pm ET.
Big Think is an Equal Opportunity Organization and we value diversity. We encourage applicants of any background to apply.