Million Dollar Idea
Ever think of new technology ? The ways it can change an enviorment? Well I am interested in actually having a 'jet pack' tourist trade within the Grand Canyon. Recently the 'jet pack' has been dramatticly improved, it has a range of ten miles or thirty minutes . Have several course's throughout the Canyon with back up jet packs along the course to create a full 'freedom of movement'. Hopefuly people will become more comfortable with the concept of jet packs within city limits IE; 'executive shuttle', from airport to desired building ( goodbye auto congestion)...computer generated flightpaths...transponders...If anyone out there is interested.. There is a market, now is the time.If you know of any investors...;)
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
It's one of the most consistent patterns in the unviverse. What causes it?
- Spinning discs are everywhere – just look at our solar system, the rings of Saturn, and all the spiral galaxies in the universe.
- Spinning discs are the result of two things: The force of gravity and a phenomenon in physics called the conservation of angular momentum.
- Gravity brings matter together; the closer the matter gets, the more it accelerates – much like an ice skater who spins faster and faster the closer their arms get to their body. Then, this spinning cloud collapses due to up and down and diagonal collisions that cancel each other out until the only motion they have in common is the spin – and voila: A flat disc.
Both panoramic and detailed, this infographic manages to show both the size and distribution of world religions.
- At a glance, this map shows both the size and distribution of world religions.
- See how religions mix at both national and regional level.
- There's one country in the Americas without a Christian majority – which?
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.