Mike Vick is back! What's your take??
In April 2007, Michael Vick was implicated in an unlawful dog fighting ring that operated over a period of five years. In August 2007, he plead guilty to felony charges, and was indefinitely suspended from the NFL. He has served 23 months in federal prison, which caused Vick to lose his NFL salary and product endorsement deals.
While I am not a fan of football or dog fighting, I find it quite alright that Michael Vick has been given a second chance. The most important ingredient in living a successful life is learning. There are only 2 ways of effective learning; being taught and learning from mistakes. Am I absolutely positive that Vick has learned from his mistakes? NO. But what I can affirm is that like us all, Vick is human and will continue to make mistakes in life. Our role as good human beings is to forgive and do all in our power to prevent repeat offenses from occurring.
Taking away a man's happiness is essentially depriving him of life. Just imagine how much better this place called Earth would be if we allowed second chances and in our hearts truly forgave those that made incidental mistakes.
I think it is amazing that the Eagles are taking on Vick; perhaps the Eagles' owner can teach us all a lesson on how to understand a person’s faults and work to correct those faults. I wish Vick success as I will be trailing the Eagles this football season - GOOOO EAGLES!
"No citizen of this State shall be deprived of life, liberty, property, privileges or immunities, or in any manner disfranchised, except by the due course of the law of the land" (Yours truly, The US Constitution)
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Bushier eyebrows are associated with higher levels of narcissism, according to new research.
- Science has provided an excellent clue for identifying the narcissists among us.
- Eyebrows are crucial to recognizing identities.
- The study provides insight into how we process faces and our latent ability to detect toxic people.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
- A recent study used data from several national surveys to compare religiosity, risk-taking preferences and demographic information among more than 20,000 American adolescents.
- The results suggest that risk-taking preferences might partly explain the gender differences in religiosity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.