Mike Vick is back! What's your take??
In April 2007, Michael Vick was implicated in an unlawful dog fighting ring that operated over a period of five years. In August 2007, he plead guilty to felony charges, and was indefinitely suspended from the NFL. He has served 23 months in federal prison, which caused Vick to lose his NFL salary and product endorsement deals.
While I am not a fan of football or dog fighting, I find it quite alright that Michael Vick has been given a second chance. The most important ingredient in living a successful life is learning. There are only 2 ways of effective learning; being taught and learning from mistakes. Am I absolutely positive that Vick has learned from his mistakes? NO. But what I can affirm is that like us all, Vick is human and will continue to make mistakes in life. Our role as good human beings is to forgive and do all in our power to prevent repeat offenses from occurring.
Taking away a man's happiness is essentially depriving him of life. Just imagine how much better this place called Earth would be if we allowed second chances and in our hearts truly forgave those that made incidental mistakes.
I think it is amazing that the Eagles are taking on Vick; perhaps the Eagles' owner can teach us all a lesson on how to understand a person’s faults and work to correct those faults. I wish Vick success as I will be trailing the Eagles this football season - GOOOO EAGLES!
"No citizen of this State shall be deprived of life, liberty, property, privileges or immunities, or in any manner disfranchised, except by the due course of the law of the land" (Yours truly, The US Constitution)
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The best-selling author tells us his methods.
- James Patterson has sold 300 million copies of his 130 books, making him one of the most successful authors alive today.
- He talks about how some writers can overdo it by adding too much research, or worse, straying from their outline for too long.
- James' latest book, The President is Missing, co-written with former President Bill Clinton, is out now.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
It's the first time the association hasn't hired a comedian in 16 years.
- The 2018 WHCA ended in controversy after comedian Michelle Wolf made jokes some considered to be offensive.
- The WHCA apologized for Wolf's jokes, though some journalists and many comedians backed the comedian and decried arguments in favor of limiting the types of speech permitted at the event.
- Ron Chernow, who penned a bestselling biography of Alexander Hamilton, will speak at next year's dinner.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.