Mental-Telepathy & the Fifth-Dimension.
Many years ago, as research for a book I was writing [ and still am ], I needed to find some mechanism for transmission that science had so far failed to identify. [ skeptics please leave now ]
To this end, I studied the techniques that might be conducive to a simple telepathic-exchange. Now, I'm just an ordinary Joe, without any hint of psychic-power and wasn't really expecting a result anyway. The experiment was basically to read the card selected from a pack of 52 as seen through other eyes. Won't go into the gory details [ unless by public-demand ], but what was supposed to have a one-in-52 probability of success, turned out to be far less likely. Think of it like this - If you were given a multiple-choice question, didn't like any of the answers and added your own 'choices', what would be the odds that you were right? In this case, I was. The experiment was not repeated successfully [ I know what you're thinking ], with that test-of-one being more than sufficient for my needs.
Bottom-line: This little-black-duck didn't need any more convincing, and I had a solid foundation for the rest of my theories.
I was wondering if anyone else has had practical, non-religious experiences involving this phenomena.
[ Footnote: Several years after the episode, a bunch of us formed "The Polter-Guys" - a small club dedicated to seeking out the paranormal. We shut done after it all got a bit too real. ]
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
- A recent study used data from several national surveys to compare religiosity, risk-taking preferences and demographic information among more than 20,000 American adolescents.
- The results suggest that risk-taking preferences might partly explain the gender differences in religiosity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.