Meet the Obama Bureaucrats
David Brooks introduces readers today to Washington's new power class, the Ward Three staffers, policy wonks and TARP overseers who are currently keeping the economy in intensive care and controlling the pursestrings of Wall Street banks.
This is the gang setting the rules for largesse in the age of Obama and don't have any patience when executives complain their salaries have dipped below the $5 million mark. What do Big Thinkers want to see Ward Three-ers establish as the new rules of play in the nationalized economy? Send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
How you talk to people with drug addiction might save their life.
- Addiction is a learning disorder; it's not a sign that someone is a bad person.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
China's Chang'e 4 biosphere experiment marks a first for humankind.
- China's Chang'e 4 lunar lander touched down on the far side of the moon on January 3.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.