Mankind's defining achievement, is the Internal Combustion Engine
No other invention or development, not the wheel, the printing press, the computer, nuclear energy, space travel, written language or anything else anyone could name, has so shaped, controlled, extended and limited our develpoment as a species and a society as the ICE. Our methods of travel, the means of employment of millions of people around the world, the economies of all the industrialized nations, are dependent upon the ICE or the peripheral industries related to it's manufacture and use. The ICE is directly and indirectly responsible for most of the resource exploitation and environmental pollution on the planet.
The ability to speak clearly, succinctly, and powerfully is easier than you think
The ability to communicate effectively can make or break a person's assessment of your intelligence, competence, and authenticity.
The results come from a 15-year study that used ultrasound scans to track blood vessels in middle-aged adults starting in 2002.
- The study measured the stiffness of blood vessels in middle-aged patients over time.
- Stiff blood vessels can lead to the destruction of delicate blood vessels in the brain, which can contribute to cognitive decline.
- The scans could someday become a widely used tool to identify people at high risk of developing dementia and Alzheimer's.
The lawsuit claims the administration violated the First Amendment when it revoked the press credentials of reporter Jim Acosta.
- CNN reporter Jim Acosta's press credentials were revoked following a heated exchange with President Donald Trump on November 8.
- The network filed a lawsuit against the administration on Tuesday, claiming the administration has violated multiple amendments.
- The White House may only revoke the press credentials of journalists for "compelling reasons," not for reasons involving content.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.