A wondrous lie a sweet deception appeared to me at once quite clear
The passion, beauty, and the cold, the very essence of our souls
The vision seemed at first so clear, I for a moment thought it real
A truth so pleasant to behold, I quickly felt empowered, bold
And as these thoughts my head did fill I felt it all love, hatred, fear
A grand illusion truly so, threes more to me then just this fleshy mold
But as the end to this drew near, my mind again was all too clear
These images that seemed alive, now waning pictures in my eyes
And as I let them drift away I felt no love, nor fear, nor hate
They disappeared despite my cries, and now they truly seem but lies
Threes no remorse, for that its late, without them is a milder fate
I shall not miss these severed ties, just watch my essence as it dies
And as the embers lose their glow, one would presume I felt a cold
But I was neither warm nor cold, I simply was, or so was told.
Tell me what you guys think, i know its a bit repetative. I just threw it tigather before going to sleep, felt a bit of inspiration. Please be critical if you think its terrible let me know. Its a shakespearin sonnet by the way, with 2 ryming schemes.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A new study explores how certain personality traits affect individuals' attitudes on obesity in others.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- The results showed that the personality traits neuroticism and extraversion are linked to more negative views and behaviors related to obesity.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
The rise of anti-scientific thinking and conspiracy is a concerning trend.
- Fifty years later after one of the greatest achievements of mankind, there's a growing number of moon landing deniers. They are part of a larger trend of anti-scientific thinking.
- Climate change, anti-vaccination and other assorted conspiratorial mindsets are a detriment and show a tangible impediment to fostering real progress or societal change.
- All of these separate anti-scientific beliefs share a troubling root of intellectual dishonesty and ignorance.
The history of the Geneva Conventions tells us how the international community draws the line on brutality.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Four Geneva Conventions defined the rules for prisoners of war, torture, naval and medical personnel and more.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.