LOVE...what are we turning it into?
Raya + Ahava + Dod = A Healthy Love Relationship.....Have NO IDEA what this means?! CHECK IT OUT.
Let's be honest with one another... when you honestly think about it... how many of us actually know how love was created?
The more I think about it the more I realize how hard it is to comprehend with what the world, the media, and so much popular influence does to us today. I searched two online surveys just now and found out a rough idea of this. The question posed was this:
"What is the first image that you draw up in your head when you hear the word LOVE?"
After near one thousand people responded to this small blogger's poll (all kinds of different people), eighty-five percent of the people's reactions were NOTHING other than "sex."
What I am saying here, and if you watch this video by Rob Bell you will see this even clearer, is that there are three kinds of LOVE described in the Bible: raya, ahava, and dod.
Rob Bell does a marvelous job of explaining the significance of all three, and how all three were meant to come together. Let me know what YOU think!
The culture is lying to us.
What will you do about it?
Just listen to Rob Bell explain what I have been saying here, and let me know what you think...
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.