LISTEN TO THIS HERE NEW SONG... What if we saw the world with the eyes of compassion...
"Give Me Your Eyes" by Brandon Heath
Please read these words… Meditate on them here… This song means A LOT to me and to my life. It has opened my eyes to the way God sees the world. Something I never stopped to take a good, serious look at before. (the link to the song/video is underneath the lyrics here)…Let me know what YOU think, how did this song strike you?... "Looked down from a broken sky, traced out by the city lights, my world from a mile high, best seat in the house tonight. Then I touched down on the cold black top, hold on for the sudden stop, breathe in the familiar shock of confusion and chaos. All those people going somewhere. Why have I never cared?... Give me Your eyes for just one second. Give me Your eyes so I can see, everything that I keep missing. Give me Your love for humanity. Give me Your arms for the broken hearted, ones that are far beyond my reach. Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten. Give me Your eyes so I can see… Step out on a busy street, see a girl and our eyes meet, she does her best to smile at me to hide what's underneath. There's a man just to her right, black suit and a bright red tie, too ashamed to tell his wife he's out of work, that he's buying time. All those people going somewhere. Why have I never cared?... I've been there a million times, a couple of million eyes, just moving past me by. I swear I never thought that I was wrong. Well I want a second glance, so give me a second chance, to see the way You see the people all along." let me know what YOU think. How does Brandon Heath’s powerful message in this song strike and impact you and YOUR LIFE?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
- A recent study used data from several national surveys to compare religiosity, risk-taking preferences and demographic information among more than 20,000 American adolescents.
- The results suggest that risk-taking preferences might partly explain the gender differences in religiosity.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
A NASA astronomer explains how astronauts dispose of their, uh, dark matter.
- When nature calls in micro-gravity, astronauts must answer. Space agencies have developed suction-based toilets – with a camera built in to ensure all the waste is contained before "flushing".
- Yes, there have been floaters in space. The early days of space exploration were a learning curve!
- Amazingly, you don't need gravity to digest food. Peristalsis, the process by which your throat and intestines squeeze themselves, actually moves food and water through your digestive system without gravity at all.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.