Leading Atheist Will Be Solving Problems, Having Fun This Weekend
Atheists are like the evangelicals of the late '90s, emerging as a wieldy demographic set to exert sizeable pressure on the political sphere as well as public consciousness. One big difference is that Atheists drink beer and dance.
We are contacting leading Atheists this week to see how they are not observing the holiest seven days on the Christian calendar. Frank R. Zindler, Managing Editor of American Atheist Press, said he's comforted by President Obama's open embrace of all believers and non-believers, but that challenges still lay in the path of total acceptance of atheism in the mainstream.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A new study explores how certain personality traits affect individuals' attitudes on obesity in others.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- The results showed that the personality traits neuroticism and extraversion are linked to more negative views and behaviors related to obesity.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
The rise of anti-scientific thinking and conspiracy is a concerning trend.
- Fifty years later after one of the greatest achievements of mankind, there's a growing number of moon landing deniers. They are part of a larger trend of anti-scientific thinking.
- Climate change, anti-vaccination and other assorted conspiratorial mindsets are a detriment and show a tangible impediment to fostering real progress or societal change.
- All of these separate anti-scientific beliefs share a troubling root of intellectual dishonesty and ignorance.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.