Labor Platcorm Dems
The following items should be included in the platform of the Democratic Party and nominee:
1. Repeal Taft-Hartley.
2. The Cabinet position of Secretary of Labor must be filled by a pro-labor nominee. No small business person, no corp. exec.
3. No deduction for income tax purposes of the total remuneration of any employee which exceeds ten times the total remuneration of the lowest paid employee. This should also apply to the compensation of any so called independent contractor.
4. Require severance of 50% of total compensation for the entire duration of employment for any person affected by the physical relocation, by sale, by any subterfuge to circumvent these provision; by any business employing more than 25 employees including that of purchaser in regard to sale.
Dozens of mummified cats were dug up this week. This isn't as shocking as you might think.
- Archaeologists in Egypt have found dozens of mummified cats in the tomb of a royal offical.
- The cats will join the ranks of hundreds of thousands of previously discovered ancient kitties.
- While the cats are nothing special, the tomb also held well preserved beetles.
They're at a higher risk for depression, weekend binge drinking, and unnecessary dieting.
- Body dysmorphia is not limited to women, a new study from Norway and Cambridge shows.
- Young men that focus on building muscle are at risk for a host of mental and physical health problems.
- Selfie culture is not helping the growing number of teens that are anxious and depressed.
Detailed (and beautiful) information on 57 million crop fields across the U.S. and Europe are now available online.
- Using satellite images and artificial intelligence, OneSoil wants to make 'precision farming' available to the world.
- The start-up from Belarus has already processed the U.S. and Europe, and aims for global coverage by 2020.
- The map is practical, and more — browse 'Random Beautiful Fields' at the touch of a button.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.