Kudos, Drs. Davis and Finsness!
Greg Davis, Executive Director of Management Support Services (basically he's the CTO) for the Des Moines (IA) Public Schools received his doctorate on May 9 from Iowa State University. As his doctoral advisor, I had the pleasure of 'hooding' Greg at Commencement.
Simultaneously, up in Minneapolis, another of my doctoral advisees, Lisa Finsness, Director of Instructional Media and Technology for the Osseo (MN) Area Schools, was graduating with her Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota (where I used to work).
Please extend hearty kudos to Drs. Davis and Finsness for successfully completing their doctorates. Doctoral programs are long, arduous journeys. They both should be commended for making it through with smiles on their faces!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
Even when they suffer costs in doing so.
- It's commonly thought that the suppression of female sexuality is perpetuated by either men or women.
- In a new study, researchers used economics games to observe how both genders treat sexually-available women.
- The results suggests that both sexes punish female promiscuity, though for different reasons and different levels of intensity.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, explains his plan for success.
- Jeff Bezos had a clear vision for Amazon.com from the start.
- He was inspired by a statistic he learned while working at a hedge fund: In the '90s, web usage was growing at 2,300% a year.
- Bezos explains why books, in particular, make for a perfect item to sell on the internet.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.