"Knowledge is not power, it's the application of knowledge that is power"Canavan
I've known people who pursue knowledge for knowledge sake and, store this knowledge like books on a shelf. Each book containing knowledge, but having no reference to the knowledge contained in the book next to it. They seem to have an inability to relate, to understand how all knowledge is relative, myopic. \nOr perhaps a purest as illustrated in this Gibran quote:"If reward is the goal of religion, if patriotism serves self-interest, and if education is perused for advancement, then I would prefer to be a non-believer, a non-patriot, and a humbly ignorant man." - Gibran
Firefighters in California are still struggling to contain several wildfires nearly one week after they broke out.
- Hundreds of people are still missing after three wildfires spread across Northern and Southern California last week.
- 48 of the 50 deaths occurred after the Camp Fire blazed through the town of Paradise, north of Sacramento.
- On Tuesday night, a fourth wildfire broke out, though it's mostly contained.
We know the dangers of too little sleep. Now for the other side of the story.
- Western University researchers found that sleeping over eight hours per night results in cognitive decline.
- Oversleepers suffer similar difficulties on certain cognitive tests as those who sleep under seven hours.
- Not all the news is bad: One night of oversleeping results in a cognitive boost.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.