Jeff, a mormon, really
jeff delanos conversion to mormonism thoughts
Hey guys havent been back here in a while, but as i was reading through the more recent posts i noticed that our good friend jeff has converted to Mormonism.Not to offend you jeff but i was simply shocked. For all our disagreements i always respected your broad nonspecific conception of the spiritual realm that you clearly put much thought in. It was truly unique and had a strong aroma of what one might call wisdom (not nessisarilly truth).
Now do not misunderstand, believe whatever it is makes you happy im not here to change your mind.
Im simply surprised that you would subscribe to a religion with such (as you said) earthly physical specifics as Mormonism, black skin being a punishment, Indians being Israelites, becoming a physical god yourself, to name just a few.It may well be that mormonism coincides well with your former beliefs, but i don't see why you need these unbelievable details. Again i think your former beliefs hold much more substance (though i remain skeptical of course) and are much more unique and non constrictive.
Also look at what great skepticism you displayed in this posthttp://bigthink.com/ideas/questions-for-christians you doubt many details of conventional Christianity do the details of Mormonism not merit the same, i mean do you really believe black people were punished by god?As you said in another post faith and skepticism are both important and must be in balance (though this is not my view it was yours) i think you may have gone off balance toward the former.
But those are just a few thoughts from an old friend, by all means praise Joseph smith if that is what makes you happy.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
Famous physicists like Richard Feynman think 137 holds the answers to the Universe.
- The fine structure constant has mystified scientists since the 1800s.
- The number 1/137 might hold the clues to the Grand Unified Theory.
- Relativity, electromagnetism and quantum mechanics are unified by the number.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.