Jan M Berkowitz
Parsley Family: Umbelliferae Genus: Petroselinum Species: Crispum, Hortense, Sativum Also Known As: Rock Selinon Rx: a few sprigs for fresh breath, infusion of leaves and seeds, tincture The seeds and the leaves of this plant contain the oil that is known to curb high blood pressure, help with fever, freshen breath, help with allergies and help heart patients. Warnings: do not use to promote weight loss
Shatavari (Asperagus Racemosus) Shatavari is mucilaginous, diuretic, tonic, galactagogue and aphrodisiac. It increases secretion of semen and treats female genital, urinal and menstrual disorders. For skin, it used for treating pimples and acne. It is also used for weight increase, develepment of muscle tissue, vitality and reducing weakness after illness.
Jan M Berkowitz
Jan M Berkowitz, flowers: Parsley - details Light Sun or Shade Height 8-12 inches Spacing 8 inches Type Treat as an annual Uses Garnish soups, salads, casseroles, vegetables, etc. Blends well with other herbs & is used as a flavor base. Other Cut outer leaves first. Jan Berkowitz Jan M Berkowitz, flowers
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A NASA astronomer explains how astronauts dispose of their, uh, dark matter.
- When nature calls in micro-gravity, astronauts must answer. Space agencies have developed suction-based toilets – with a camera built in to ensure all the waste is contained before "flushing".
- Yes, there have been floaters in space. The early days of space exploration were a learning curve!
- Amazingly, you don't need gravity to digest food. Peristalsis, the process by which your throat and intestines squeeze themselves, actually moves food and water through your digestive system without gravity at all.
The Harvard psychologist loves reading authors' rules for writing. Here are his own.
- Steven Pinker is many things: linguist, psychologist, optimist, Harvard professor, and author.
- When it comes to writing, he's a student and a teacher.
- Here's are his 13 rules for writing better, more simply, and more clearly.
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.