I've been dead before! Death is simply "my" non awareness of existing.
Regarding "Death"...... I can conceive of no difference, potentially \ndistinguishable by me personally, between the lack of "existence awareness" \nwhich characterized my "pre-birth" period.... and that same "non awareness \nof existing" which still occurs often in deep sleep..... and that imagined \n"state of non awareness" that will likely occur upon completion of my life. \nSame thing! If "I" am not "aware" of existing...I don't exist! So \nfar in my life, I do have memory of multiple previous episodes of "non \nawareness", but if this "subsequent memory of previous non awareness" \npattern ceases.....I'll never know it!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Quoth the parrot — "Nevermore."
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809–1949) is considered one of America's great writers.
- Poe penned his most famous poem, The Raven, in his 30s.
- Originally, the poem's feathered subject was a bit flamboyant.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.