Is the "Pie" the quintessential food creation?
Is the 'pie' the quintessential food creation considering it's various combinations, forms and potential?
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
Pie –noun1.a baked food having a filling of fruit, meat, pudding, etc., prepared in a pastry-lined pan or dish and often topped with a pastry crust: apple pie; meat pie. Connecting-to-the-Value-of-Why 2005-2008 ©
- Some are concerned about the proliferation of space debris in Earth's orbit.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
Here's the science of black holes, from supermassive monsters to ones the size of ping-pong balls.
- There's more than one way to make a black hole, says NASA's Michelle Thaller. They're not always formed from dead stars. For example, there are teeny tiny black holes all around us, the result of high-energy cosmic rays slamming into our atmosphere with enough force to cram matter together so densely that no light can escape.
- CERN is trying to create artificial black holes right now, but don't worry, it's not dangerous. Scientists there are attempting to smash two particles together with such intensity that it creates a black hole that would live for just a millionth of a second.
- Thaller uses a brilliant analogy involving a rubber sheet, a marble, and an elephant to explain why different black holes have varying densities. Watch and learn!
- Bonus fact: If the Earth became a black hole, it would be crushed to the size of a ping-pong ball.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.