Is the independence of Kosovo a prelude to what will happen in the United States
For over 800 years, Kosovo has been a Serbian state, sometimes it was independent and sometimes it was a vassal of other states as was Serbia. The Serbian people were slowly pushed out by the Albanians and the Turks. Now, the majority Albanians have created a new Republic, the Republic of Kosovo, as if we needed another tiny state in the Balkans.
For 350 years from the coming of the Spanish until 1845, the States of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, and Texas were Spanish. Then the United States fought a war over Texas with Santa Ana and he was defeated resulting in the acquisition of the Mexican territories north of the Rio Grande, except for the Gadsden purchase. The Anglos flowed into the former Mexican territories, but now those same areas have been flooded with more than 20,000,000 Mexicans, mostly illegal but with some 8 to 10 million legal. Will the fighting, which is words and poltical, become violent as it did in Kosovo? Will we see a move to separate large chunks of the United States from the Union. If America falters, that could happen.
The attitude that everyone has a right to self-determination, which is contrary to logic and history, may well lead to our destruction. If we let the 12,000,000 invaders from the south continue to live here, we are facing a time in the future, may be our grandchildren, when the Anglos will be forced to leave their country, just as the Serbians are being forced out, and our country will be cut up into pieces just as Serbia has been.
We need to stop this trend now. President Theodore Roosevelt welcomed immigrants who wanted to be Americans, adopt American customs and culture and speak English. That should be the requirement for all immigrants today. Let us not become the next Kosovo.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
This economy has us in survival mode, stressing out our bodies and minds.
- Economic hardship is linked to physical and psychological illness, resulting in added healthcare expenses people can't afford.
- The gig economy – think Uber, Lyft, TaskRabbit, Handy – is marketed as a 'be your own boss' revolution, but it can be dehumanizing and dangerous; every worker is disposable.
- The cooperative business model can help reverse wealth inequality.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
A new study explores how certain personality traits affect individuals' attitudes on obesity in others.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- The results showed that the personality traits neuroticism and extraversion are linked to more negative views and behaviors related to obesity.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.