Is the independence of Kosovo a prelude to what will happen in the United States
For over 800 years, Kosovo has been a Serbian state, sometimes it was independent and sometimes it was a vassal of other states as was Serbia. The Serbian people were slowly pushed out by the Albanians and the Turks. Now, the majority Albanians have created a new Republic, the Republic of Kosovo, as if we needed another tiny state in the Balkans.
For 350 years from the coming of the Spanish until 1845, the States of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, and Texas were Spanish. Then the United States fought a war over Texas with Santa Ana and he was defeated resulting in the acquisition of the Mexican territories north of the Rio Grande, except for the Gadsden purchase. The Anglos flowed into the former Mexican territories, but now those same areas have been flooded with more than 20,000,000 Mexicans, mostly illegal but with some 8 to 10 million legal. Will the fighting, which is words and poltical, become violent as it did in Kosovo? Will we see a move to separate large chunks of the United States from the Union. If America falters, that could happen.
The attitude that everyone has a right to self-determination, which is contrary to logic and history, may well lead to our destruction. If we let the 12,000,000 invaders from the south continue to live here, we are facing a time in the future, may be our grandchildren, when the Anglos will be forced to leave their country, just as the Serbians are being forced out, and our country will be cut up into pieces just as Serbia has been.
We need to stop this trend now. President Theodore Roosevelt welcomed immigrants who wanted to be Americans, adopt American customs and culture and speak English. That should be the requirement for all immigrants today. Let us not become the next Kosovo.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.