Is secularism fundamentalism at heart?
After centuries of western scientific inquiry, there is no coherent theory of human nature. Though incremental advances have been made in every discipline, there is no grand synthesis; the modern scientific picture of the human condition is no more comprehensible than is an unsolved jigsaw puzzle. From pieces of a jigsaw have the ideological foundations of secular humanism been constructed. Yet secularists take their theories as literally as do fundamentalists their scriptures. Certain of their intellectual and moral superiority, they persist in their worldwide crusade to convert nonbelievers. Do you agree or disagree?
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face"
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The ability to speak clearly, succinctly, and powerfully is easier than you think
The ability to communicate effectively can make or break a person's assessment of your intelligence, competence, and authenticity.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.