is obama experienced enough?
i liked barack obama. during the summer (of '07) i went to an early meeting for obama in someone's house, and heard a live podcast from one of his town meetings in the midwest. i was up for him....i liked his fresh views and i admired the work he did in the poor neighborhoods of chicago, which he did after he graduated law school.
in the subsequent months his speeches seemed more like lectures, intellectual and interesting, but distant...as if he were a professor. he did not connect with me.
i moved my allegiance to hillary clinton, where it now resides.
as obama has grown in his stump speeches, there has been a marked change in his approval ratings.
my questionis.... was my instinct right when i supported him originally, or was i right to view him as somewhat stuffy.
is he right for the country now, or is he too far removed from international knowledge to run the nation now?
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face"
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
A lazy buzz phrase – 'Is this the new normal?' – has been doing the rounds as extreme climate events have been piling up over the past year. To which the riposte should be: it's worse than that – we're on the road to even more frequent, more extreme events than we saw this year.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.