The God of Abraham is revered by the 3 great faiths. He is described by all as 'loving'... even though he clearly is a nasty old thug in some of the writngs. The Christians go further and say Jesus loves me! well, again, thanks but no thanks. But at what price this 'love? Some on this site have enjoined, he loves me 'unconditionally' Wow! But for me the poison pill at the heart of this idea is in the fine print of the 'good news'.. Worship me, and no-one else, or rot in hell for eternity. Some love. Some choice.
And I'll continue to live a good and decent life, harming no one, expecting neither reward nor condemnation when I shuffle off, but according to the friends of Jesus, the fires of hell await me... same fate as Hitler, Stalin and an innocent child that died young in a village in Africa that never even heard of the gent. Now tell me again please of this god of love, and where I am in error in my logic.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.