Why do the faithful continually put their God beyond reason and logic? Why do they expect to be granted an exception in their case, when no other constants or universal laws are suspended for anything else we apply these disciplines too? I ask, Can your God create something over which he has no control? There are only 2 possible answers, yes or no. You cannot logically attach a disclaimer, but I constantly get... yes, but he chooses not too! Do the faithful just not understand logic? Is there a disconnect in the brain of a believer that sees no issue in circumventing an honest logical question with a disingenuous, meaningless reply? Are we speaking different languages?
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.