Is global warming really here?
I know things are getting warmer. Here in northern Illinois we recently had a tornado, but today we have had nothing but snow. For the past week the temperature has been around zero, which is colder than it should be if the globe is warming. Obviously the polar ice caps weren't always there, so maybe we are going through a warming cycle aided by human emmisions. We can't just believe Al Gore because it's Al Gore. Maybe in 100 years we'll be in an ice age. I hope not but it could happen.
Understanding thinking talents in yourself and others can build strong teams and help avoid burnout.
- Learn to collaborate within a team and identify "thinking talent" surpluses – and shortages.
- Angie McArthur teaches intelligent collaboration for Big Think Edge.
Does believing in true love make people act like jerks?
- Ghosting, or cutting off all contact suddenly with a romantic partner, is not nice.
- Growth-oriented people (who think relationships are made, not born) do not appreciate it.
- Destiny-oriented people (who believe in soulmates) are more likely to be okay with ghosting.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.