Is Christianity polytheistic?
Recently I began thinkinag about the whole God and Satan subject, and in my series of thoughts, it hit me. Christianity is polytheistic, meaning it has more than one god. The definition of god is a deities, esp. a male deity, presiding over some portion of worldly affairs.We refer to the one up above as "God" but really we talk about Satan with the same reverence. As in all polytheistic religions one god created another,they rule different aspects of daily life and we look to them in times of great need or sorrow. Now I am not sure how this came about. I have a few theories. The first is that early Christians in there need to convert as amny people over decided to use what was familiar ( more than one super powerful being.) Another is that they developed the Satan character to assure early Christians that God is completely good and nice and anything bad comes from someone else, not their merciful Lord. Do either of these have any merit? I believe they do and I would like to know other peoples thoughts on the subject.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.