Is America Ready for a Third Party?
We started a new political party because we believe in big ideas. Our primary goal is to create solutions for America's problems. All things are possible if you begin with a thought and work diligently to bring dreams into reality. Our seawater pipeline with passive desalination will help combat Global Warming and turn deserts into habitable havens. A transcontinental mag-lev rail system may provide an answer to our transportation needs. Our homestead renewal program may help resolve the problem that the sub-prime mortgage debacle has created. At America's Third Party, we even have a New Strategy for Iraq, that is unlike anything proposed by either major party. There are many issues that America may need to confront in the future. The best ways to tackle these issues are with big thinkers. Visit us at http://www.americasthirdparty.com to learn more about these ideas and our platform.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A NASA astronomer explains how astronauts dispose of their, uh, dark matter.
- When nature calls in micro-gravity, astronauts must answer. Space agencies have developed suction-based toilets – with a camera built in to ensure all the waste is contained before "flushing".
- Yes, there have been floaters in space. The early days of space exploration were a learning curve!
- Amazingly, you don't need gravity to digest food. Peristalsis, the process by which your throat and intestines squeeze themselves, actually moves food and water through your digestive system without gravity at all.
The Harvard psychologist loves reading authors' rules for writing. Here are his own.
- Steven Pinker is many things: linguist, psychologist, optimist, Harvard professor, and author.
- When it comes to writing, he's a student and a teacher.
- Here's are his 13 rules for writing better, more simply, and more clearly.
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.