Is America an aristocracy?
One of my friends made an interesting observation the other night. If Hilary Clinton is elected president, the highest office in the United States will have been occupied by one of two families from 1989 till 2013 or 2017 depending on how long she is president. The vast amount of money needed to mount a legitimate presidential campain means that only the top ten percent of society (maybe even less) can attempt such a venture in the first place. It also seems like politics is becoming a "family business" more and more. Hence my question, is America an aristocracy?
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
Having these financial life skills can help you navigate challenging economic environments.
- Americans are swimming in increasingly higher amounts of debt, even the upper middle class.
- Here's some essential financial life skills needed to ensure your economic wellbeing.
When it comes to flirting, love meters have nothing on these researchers' findings.
- Smiling and eye contact are proven winners, while pick-up lines are a flirty fallacy.
Experts argue the jaws of an ancient European ape reveal a key human ancestor.
- The jaw bones of an 8-million-year-old ape were discovered at Nikiti, Greece, in the '90s.
- These fossils may change how we view the evolution of our species.
Rethinking humanity's origin story
Migrating out of Africa
Did we head east or south of Eden?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.