Is All This New World Order Talk Scaring You?
The Real Truth, a website produced by a Christian organization called The Restored Church of God, may not be where you go to get your news and analysis, but they've published an article worth reading today.
Entitled "A New World Order Solution to the Economic Collapse," the piece leads with a quote from Rupert Murdoch who predicted recently that “nations will be redefined and their futures fundamentally altered." And while you may not subscribe to the Bible-based conclusions of 'The Real Truth,' there's an interesting history of global society detailed throughout. Here's the link.
Harvard psychologists discover why we dislike the people who deliver bad news.
- A new study looked at why people tend to "shoot the messenger".
- It's a fact that people don't like those who deliver them bad news.
- The effect stems from our inherent need to make sense of bad or unpredictable situations.
He reminds us that meaning is wherever we choose to look.
- Alan Watts suggests there is no ultimate meaning of life, but that "the quality of our state of mind" defines meaning for us.
- This is in contradiction to the notion that an inner essence is waiting to be discovered.
- Paying attention to everyday, mundane objects can become highly significant, filling life with meaning.
If life exists on Mars, there's a good chance it's related to us, say researchers.
When MIT research scientist Christopher Carr visited a green sand beach in Hawaii at the age of 9, he probably didn't think that he'd use the little olivine crystals beneath his feet to one day search for extraterrestrial life.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.