Ingredients for life
I'm trying to assert that life colonizes from planet to planet, as well as come into existence as long as the ingredients are present. Since science is consistently having to redefine exactly what life is, it's no surprise that lately researchers have been discovering the "ingredients for life" elsewhere inside our very own solar system (as well as recently discovering organic compounds outside of our solar system).
Even though this whole can never be a sum of its parts, the most pressing and fundamental problem humanity currently faces is exploring our part of the universe, and confirming the presence of life outside of earth (and the space transportation necessary to make these measurements).
The ingredients for life are beautifully simple, consisting of water (maybe not even in a liquid form), an energy source, and simple chemical building blocks such as C, O, H and N.
With all the current research and observation being poured into Saturn and its moons, researchers have recently confirmed moons Enceladus and Hyperion as having the ingredients for life.
Clearly, life colonizes from planet to planet? I guess what they've been teaching in Russian schools has been honest this whole time...
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.