What to Do When You're Stuck at Your Job
If you’re stuck at your job, there’s so many different options. For instance, you can turn your passion into a new position.
If you’re stuck at your job, there’s so many different options. First, you can turn your passion into a new position. You can make a lateral move in your company. You can try and get a promotion. You can try and ask for new responsibilities.
If you want a career change and if you’re really unhappy with your profession, maybe you chose accounting and maybe you want to do finance or marketing, then maybe you can go back to school or you can take other classes that are free online to help you get those skills.
Maybe you do freelancing; maybe you start your own business. There’s so many different options, and you have to weigh everything and that really depends on your position.
For Millennials just starting off, you have a little bit more freedom. You don’t have a whole family you need to take care of. Maybe you’re staying with your parents and you want to do some freelancing on the side and maybe you’re just trying to see what opportunities are waiting for you.
But you want to do as much as you can and as early as possible as you can in your career to figure out what you want to do and what you don’t want to do and then put more of your energy doing what you really want to do. If you put a lot of effort into what you want to do you’ll end up really excited about what you are doing, like I am.
In Their Own Words is recorded in Big Think's studio.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.