In the Unified Field of physics, science and religion have a common ground.
Science and religion have been in conflict for centuries, but today a resolution is at hand for what is perhaps the most important issue of all. Though psychology and the social sciences have no coherent theory of the human condition, with the discovery of the Unified Field, physics has located the single source of all the laws of nature---one field from which springs the infinite diversity of life. Self-existent and self-interacting, a field of both infinite silence and infinite dynamism, the Unified Field is the fountainhead of intelligence at the basis of creation. The language may be scientific, but the qualities of the Unified Field that have thus far been enumerated are strikingly similar to those attributed to the essential nature of God by most religions of the world. At last, science can rejoice in fulfilling the dream of Einstein for a single unified foundation as the basis for scientific inquiry, and religion can rejoice that in locating a single field of intelligence at the source of creation, science has confirmed its most cherished premise.
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.