Improved education and $6,000 minimum average annual income required for democracy and peace
Israeli leaders have traditionally promoted peace as the path toward prosperity for Palestinians. Prime Minister Netanyahu now reversed that logic by recognizing the importance of improved economic conditions as an important aspect of the path toward peace with Palestinians. Social science research suggests $6,000 annual average income as minimum for stable democracy and peace. Read my commentary at link: http://voices.kansascity.com/node/6002
A life of poverty is a life without hope. People with something to live for do not become suicide bombers.
Social science research suggests that improved education and a minimum of $6,000 average annual income are required for stable democracy and peace.
Israeli leaders have traditionally promoted peace as the path toward prosperity for Palestinians.
In his interview with Charlie Rose on BPS Prime Minister Netanyahu revealed that he has now reversed that logic by recognizing the importance of improved economic conditions as an important aspect of the path toward peace with Palestinians.
Read my commentary at link: http://voices.kansascity.com/node/6002
A new study estimated the untapped potential of wind energy across Europe.
- A new report calculated how much electricity Europe could generate if it built onshore wind farms on all of its exploitable land.
- The results indicated that European onshore wind farms could supply the whole world with electricity from now until 2050.
- Wind farms come with a few complications, but the researchers noted that their study was meant to highlight the untapped potential of the renewable energy source in Europe.
Scientists make an important discovery for the future of computing.
- Researchers find a new state of matter called "topological superconductivity".
- The state can lead to important advancements in quantum computing.
- Utilizing special particles that emerge during this state can lead to error-free data storage and blazing calculation speed.
You want one. Now you may be able to survive one.
Photo credit: Jie Zhao / Getty contributor
- Cats live in a quarter of Western households.
- Allergies to them are common and can be dangerous.
- A new approach targets the primary trouble-causing allergen.