Implementing of a 3 President System
3 Presidents Reside over Executive Branch: The United States has outgrown the original constitutional construction of a singular president in charge of the executive branch; it's time to implement a three president system in which there is a more equal and responsive representation (ie. republican, democrat, independent) of "We the People". The issues facing this country and the world are much more complex than at any other time in history, more globally impacted and related, and citizen's opinions are more polarized than in recent history, therefore a concensus of executive powers is appropriate and provides a more democratic system for the citizens of this great country.
Implementing a 3 President System: 1. Each party would have their primary selection, and a primary for the independent party would need to be created. 2. GOP would select 2 candidates in their primary. 3. DNC would select 2 candidates in their primary. 4. IND would select 2 candidates in their primary. 5. Each legal voter would now vote for 1 candidate from each party in the general election. 6. Those candidates from each party winning the general election would now become the 3 Presidents governing the executive branch of the U.S. government. 7. A 2/3 majority vote of the presidents would be required for any/all executive decisions. 8. Each president would have their own advisories, but again their recommendations would require a 2/3 majority vote before any of their recomendations were enacted or related in representing the United States on foreign or domestic policies. 9. All other executive statutes would remain intact i.e. term limits etc., except where executive decisions are involved. 10. In the event of a death of one of the presidents, an emergency selection of 2 candidates from the party losing respresentation would be formed and a general election would be held to select the new president. 11. That newly elected president would serve the remaining time in office of the former president's elected term. In the event that I left out any furhter explanation, please feel free to advise.
In a breakthrough for nuclear fusion research, scientists at China's Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST) reactor have produced temperatures necessary for nuclear fusion on Earth.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
- Still, scientists have many other obstacles to pass before fusion technology becomes a viable energy source.
Military recruits are supposed to be assessed to see whether they're fit for service. What happens when they're not?
- During the Vietnam War, Robert McNamara began a program called Project 100,000.
- The program brought over 300,000 men to Vietnam who failed to meet minimum criteria for military service, both physically and mentally.
- Project 100,000 recruits were killed in disproportionate numbers and fared worse after their military service than their civilian peers, making the program one of the biggest—and possibly cruelest—mistakes of the Vietnam War.
The 116th Congress is set to break records in term of diversity among its lawmakers, though those changes are coming almost entirely from Democrats.
- Women and nonwhite candidates made record gains in the 2018 midterms.
- In total, almost half of the newly elected Congressional representatives are not white men.
- Those changes come almost entirely from Democrats; Republican members-elect are all white men except for one woman.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.