I'm 22 and saving for a retirement that's 45 years from now doesn't make sense
I agree, I just started working and the idea of saving for a retirement that will happen in 45 years seems ridiculous. No one has any idea what the financial or political landscape will look like in 50 years. A 1950 dollar is worth about 12 cents today! Sure I will be able to take advantage of compound interest etc, but inflation compounds too! Plus I have no idea what I'll be doing for the next 45 years or where I'll end up - I've lived in 5 countries already and I can say for certain that that number will have increased by the time I retire. So, can anyone convince me that I should be saving for retirement?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
For Damien Echols, tattoos are part of his existential armor.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.