I'm 22 and saving for a retirement that's 45 years from now doesn't make sense
I agree, I just started working and the idea of saving for a retirement that will happen in 45 years seems ridiculous. No one has any idea what the financial or political landscape will look like in 50 years. A 1950 dollar is worth about 12 cents today! Sure I will be able to take advantage of compound interest etc, but inflation compounds too! Plus I have no idea what I'll be doing for the next 45 years or where I'll end up - I've lived in 5 countries already and I can say for certain that that number will have increased by the time I retire. So, can anyone convince me that I should be saving for retirement?
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
- Women and nonwhite candidates made record gains in the 2018 midterms.
- In total, almost half of the newly elected Congressional representatives are not white men.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.