If the Democrats head for self-destruction
More and more pundits are predicting that the hotly contested Democrat contest will require super delegate or party honcho selection of the candidate and that a resulting refusal to vote for a person they didn't support will result in a significant number of Democrats protest-voting for McCain! Before any sane Democrat commits such folly I would like him or her to consider voting for a man who has as much or more to offer America than either Clinton or Obama, Ralph Nader. In a situation where the Democrat cannot possibly win anyway why not strike a blow in favor of that much-needed third party and an under-appreciated public servant whose ideas are right on target. Or, disappointed Democrats, swallow your disappointment and vote for Clinton or Obama. It could be so much worse!
Delay, deny and deflect were the strategies Facebook has used to navigate scandals it's faced in recent years, according to the New York Times.
- The exhaustive report is based on interviews with more than 50 people with ties to the company.
- It outlines how senior executives misled the public and lawmakers in regards to what it had discovered about privacy breaches and Russian interference in U.S. politics.
- On Thursday, Facebook cut ties with one of the companies, Definers Public Relations, listed in the report.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
Sure we know it would be bad, but what do all of these scary numbers really mean?
- At the press time, the value was $21.7 trillion dollars.
- Lots of people know that a default would be bad, but not everybody seems to get how horrible it would be.
- While the risk is low, knowing what would happen if a default did occur is important information for all voters.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.