If the Democrats head for self-destruction
More and more pundits are predicting that the hotly contested Democrat contest will require super delegate or party honcho selection of the candidate and that a resulting refusal to vote for a person they didn't support will result in a significant number of Democrats protest-voting for McCain! Before any sane Democrat commits such folly I would like him or her to consider voting for a man who has as much or more to offer America than either Clinton or Obama, Ralph Nader. In a situation where the Democrat cannot possibly win anyway why not strike a blow in favor of that much-needed third party and an under-appreciated public servant whose ideas are right on target. Or, disappointed Democrats, swallow your disappointment and vote for Clinton or Obama. It could be so much worse!
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.