If the bible was published today would you still think it is the 'word of god'?
Peoples faith in the bible astounds me. Believing it is the word of god makes as much sense to me as believing the guy at the street corner yelling that the world is going to end in a few years. Why are people sceptical about everything but their 'holy' book?
If the bible was published today would you think it was as important as you do now? Would you consider the possibility that it was 'the word of god'? How much of the bibles 'authority' is related to its age? When people today say god tells them to do things they are instantly thought of as crazy, yet most people accept that someone two thousand plus years ago had a direct line to the big guy and wrote down what HE said. Why?
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- Prejudice is typically perpetrated against 'the other', i.e. a group outside our own.
- But ageism is prejudice against ourselves — at least, the people we will (hopefully!) become.
- Different generations needs to cooperate now more than ever to solve global problems.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- U.S. PIRG tested 20 beers and wines, including organics, and found Roundup's active ingredient in almost all of them.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
The team caught a glimpse of a process that takes 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.
- In Italy, a team of scientists is using a highly sophisticated detector to hunt for dark matter.
- The team observed an ultra-rare particle interaction that reveals the half-life of a xenon-124 atom to be 18 sextillion years.
- The half-life of a process is how long it takes for half of the radioactive nuclei present in a sample to decay.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.