If the bible was published today would you still think it is the 'word of god'?
Peoples faith in the bible astounds me. Believing it is the word of god makes as much sense to me as believing the guy at the street corner yelling that the world is going to end in a few years. Why are people sceptical about everything but their 'holy' book?
If the bible was published today would you think it was as important as you do now? Would you consider the possibility that it was 'the word of god'? How much of the bibles 'authority' is related to its age? When people today say god tells them to do things they are instantly thought of as crazy, yet most people accept that someone two thousand plus years ago had a direct line to the big guy and wrote down what HE said. Why?
What can 3D printing do for medicine? The "sky is the limit," says Northwell Health researcher Dr. Todd Goldstein.
- Medical professionals are currently using 3D printers to create prosthetics and patient-specific organ models that doctors can use to prepare for surgery.
- Eventually, scientists hope to print patient-specific organs that can be transplanted safely into the human body.
- Northwell Health, New York State's largest health care provider, is pioneering 3D printing in medicine in three key ways.
The tactics that work now won't work for long.
Great ideas in philosophy often come in dense packages. Then there is where the work of Marcus Aurelius.
- Meditations is a collection of the philosophical ideas of the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius.
- Written as a series of notes to himself, the book is much more readable than the dry philosophy most people are used to.
- The advice he gave to himself 2,000 years ago is increasingly applicable in our hectic, stressed-out lives.
By working together, and learning from one another, we can build better systems.
- Many of the things that we experience, are our imagination manifesting into this physical realm, avers artist Dustin Yellin.
- People need to completely rethink the way they work together, and learn from one another, that they they can build better systems. If not, things may get "really dark" soon.
- The first step to enabling cooperation is figuring out where the common ground is. Through this method, despite contrary beliefs, we may be able to find some degree of peace.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.