If Education is so important, why isn't it a priority in our nation?
As educators in a university, we, along with the general public are told how important public higher education is to the future of the country, but it is really not given the priority one would expect. Since 1981, higher education has been downgraded as a funding priority for government and revenue is now squeezed out of the students and parents through tuition and fee increases. The grants and loans that could be easily forgiven have been replaced with high interest loans, and student loans are seen as profit centers by financial institutions.
Students are being smothered in debt, how can they be a creative force for the future?
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
- Why democracy has been unpopular with philosophers
- Tragedy's reminder that the past isn't finished with us
- …and why we need art in the first place
We're talking Ghost in the Shell type of stuff.
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.