If Criticism Is Literature...
...then maybe the BigThinkers in this department would be interested in a new approach to music criticism I'm trying out: an "online appreciation" combining commentary with scores that play themselves as a cursor follow along (think "follow the bouncing ball"). The idea is to provide a window into music for the non-music reader. You can see an example of how this works--a discussion of Bach--at http://whybach.crosstownbooks.com/chapter.html .
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
In most states, LGBTQ Americans have no legal protections against discrimination in the workplace.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
- More than one in five Afghans is clinically depressed – a sad world record
- But are North Koreans really the world's 'fourth least depressed' people?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.