If Churches Are Exempt, Why Not Social Clubs
Churches are exempt from taxes in the U.S. Should all clubs be treated equally?
This is a subject that keeps poping up among non-church going tax payers.
The churches are notorious in helping the poor, elderly and the addicted. But it does not seem fair that tax payers should have to pay for all the lavishness that they aquire today.
Should the church only be exempt from paying taxes on money spent directly on public welfare or should they be taxed on lavish video equipment and travel expenses?
If there is a true seperation of church and state, why are the churches still given special treatment? We now have all the government welfare programs to replace a lot of what churches used to provide.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
A glass of juice has as much sugar, ounce for ounce, as a full-calorie soda. And those vitamins do almost nothing.
Quick: think back to childhood (if you've reached the scary clown you've gone too far). What did your parents or guardians give you to keep you quiet? If you're anything like most parents, it was juice. But here's the thing: juice is bad for you.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.