Women Without Children
"More women are going kid-free by choice, thanks to more accessible and better contraception and a decrease in social stigma related to non-motherhood." Salon looks at motherhood data.
"More women are going kid-free by choice, thanks to more accessible and better contraception and a decrease in social stigma related to non-motherhood." Salon looks at motherhood data. "To birth or not to birth? According to a new study of American women, the answer is increasingly 'not.' Researchers at the Pew Research Center find that 18 percent of women now end their childbearing years without biological children, compared to 10 percent in 1976...Some women who end up childless, of course, aren't in that position by decision. Delaying marriage, pursuing advanced degrees and putting off having children while developing a career often result in fertility problems when women try to get pregnant later in their childbearing years."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.