Women Without Children
"More women are going kid-free by choice, thanks to more accessible and better contraception and a decrease in social stigma related to non-motherhood." Salon looks at motherhood data.
"More women are going kid-free by choice, thanks to more accessible and better contraception and a decrease in social stigma related to non-motherhood." Salon looks at motherhood data. "To birth or not to birth? According to a new study of American women, the answer is increasingly 'not.' Researchers at the Pew Research Center find that 18 percent of women now end their childbearing years without biological children, compared to 10 percent in 1976...Some women who end up childless, of course, aren't in that position by decision. Delaying marriage, pursuing advanced degrees and putting off having children while developing a career often result in fertility problems when women try to get pregnant later in their childbearing years."
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.