Will Women Earn More Than Men?
"Will the average earnings of women begin before long to exceed that of men after being so far behind in the past?" Nobel Laureate Gary Becker on women's propensity for education.
"Although the average earnings of full time women have not yet overtaken that of full time men, as we ahve shown the gender earnings gap has narrowed substantially. Indeed, in about 30% of all American households with two earners, wives are already earnings more than their husbands. Moreover, if the gender gap in education continues to widen, it may not be long before the average earnings of fulltime women does exceed that of men. This would mark a culmination of a remarkable reversal of the gender gap not only in education but also in earnings."
Upvote the video, or videos, you want to win.
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in. And note: We'll only count upvotes (not downvotes).
- Oumuamua, a quarter-mile long asteroid tumbling through space, is Hawaiian for "scout", or "the first of many".
- It was given this name because it came from another solar system.
- Some claimed Oumuamua was an alien technology, but there's no actual evidence for that.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.