Will Portugal Ruin the E.U.?
An E.U. bailout of Portugal now seems inevitable. But at some point, E.U. taxpayers are likely to tire of bailing out nations like Portugal, which seem unwilling to curb their spendthrift ways.
How long will the European public, particularly in wealthier countries like Germany, tolerate other member states' profligate ways? "It now appears inevitable that Portugal will become the third European country to require emergency funding to bail out its national economy. The strongest signal of Portugal’s insolvency came Wednesday, when the country’s prime minister unexpectedly resigned. Jose Socrates stepped down after failing to convince the Portuguese parliament to approve an austerity plan aimed at preventing default on its debt."
Entrepreneur and author Andrew Horn shares his rules for becoming an assured conversationalist.
- To avoid basing action on external validation, you need to find your "authentic voice" and use it.
- Finding your voice requires asking the right questions of yourself.
- There are 3-5 questions that you would generally want to ask people you are talking to.
Sarco assisted suicide pods come in three different styles, and allow you to die quickly and painlessly. They're even quite beautiful to look at.
Death: it happens to everyone (except, apparently, Keanu Reeves). But while the impoverished and lower-class people of the world die in the same ol' ways—cancer, heart disease, and so forth—the upper classes can choose hip and cool new ways to die. Now, there's an assisted-suicide pod so chic and so stylin' that peeps (young people still say peeps, right?) are calling it the "Tesla" of death... it's called... the Sarco!
Swiss researchers identify new dangers of modern cocaine.
- Cocaine cut with anti-worming adulterant levamisole may cause brain damage.
- Levamisole can thin out the prefrontal cortex and affect cognitive skills.
- Government health programs should encourage testing of cocaine for purity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.