Why Richard Branson Blogs, & Tweets, etc.
Branson’s Twitter, Facebook and Google+ profiles are all equally personal and active, most posts related to his philanthropic efforts. Be authentic and organic, is his advice to other CEOs.
What's the Latest Development?
Richard Branson’s Twitter, Facebook and Google+ profiles are all equally personal and active. Much of what he posts is related to his many philanthropic efforts. But other times, he’s just tweeting his thoughts or writing about his active globe-trotting lifestyle. His advice to other CEOs on using social media: "Be authentic and organic. It can’t be forced or it won’t work. And most importantly, have fun."
What's the Big Idea?
Few executives (or billionaires, or knights) are so candid publicly. Why does Branson use social tools? "I've seen how social media can spread awareness about how we use business as a force for good. It also allows me to share the lessons I’ve learned in business." "Social media overall—the comments on the blog and Facebook, Twitter—allows me to hear what people are saying on a daily level...the good, the bad and everything in between."
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Can sensitive coral reefs survive another human generation?
Yes, a coup d'état.
- Though we know today that his policies eventually ended the Great Depression, FDR's election was seen as disastrous by some.
- A group of wealthy bankers decided to take things into their own hands; they plotted a coup against FDR, hoping to install a fascist dictator in its stead.
- Ultimately, the coup was brought to light by General Smedley Butler and squashed before it could get off the ground.
Michael Dowling, Northwell Health's CEO, believes we're entering the age of smart medicine.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.