Why Not To Buy Fake Fashion
"Wearing fake goods makes you feel a fake yourself, and causes you to be more dishonest in other matters than you would otherwise be." The Economist looks at faux fashionistas.
"Wearing fake goods makes you feel a fake yourself, and causes you to be more dishonest in other matters than you would otherwise be." The Economist looks at faux fashionistas. "Those who buy counterfeit designer goods project a fashionable image at a fraction of the price of the real thing. You might think that would make them feel rather smug about themselves. But an intriguing piece of research published in Psychological Science suggests the opposite..." Scientists found that subjects given fake sunglasses were more likely to feel a sense of self-alienation than those given the genuine article.
We're more dependent on them than we realize.
- Scientists says our survival depends on biodiversity.
- A natural climate strategy we often forget.
- Seeing our place among the Earth's living creatures.
There's a high social cost that comes with lighting up.
While short-term results are positive, there is mounting evidence against staying in ketosis for too long.
- Recent studies showed volunteers lost equal or more weight on high-carb, calorie-restricted diets than low-carb, calorie restricted diets.
- There might be positive benefits to short-term usage of a ketogenic diet.
- One dietician warns that the ketogenic diet could put diabetics at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.