Who's the Better Leader? Eli Manning or Tom Brady?
Super Bowl 2012 is upon us, so we indulge the healthy quarterback vs. quarterback rivalry by asking which is a better leader. The glamorous Brady or the workhorse Manning?
The Case for Eli Manning
Leadership is about more than raw talent or personal style. Great leaders must mesh their own talents with the culture of the organization they lead. With Manning, the Giants tradition of toughness is amplified. "The Super Bowl will mark Manning's 130th consecutive start; no active NFL quarterback can match that claim." Manning's other stunning quality is that he is clutch. "This year alone, he led the Giants to five fourth-quarter comebacks and broke the NFL record for the most fourth-quarter touchdown passes in one season."
The Case for Tom Brady
Persistence and a refusal to quit can inspire a team to great heights; this is the essence of Tom Brady's rise to the top of his game. He struggled for playing time in college before being picked 199th in the sixth round by the Patriots. But today, despite being the star of the league, his self-criticism in post-game press conferences is stunning, even after he has helped to win the game. By raising the bar for himself, Brady raises the bar for every member of his team, allowing them to achieve their potential. That is what is meant by leadership.
Photo credit: shutterstock.com
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- His new music video, "Earth," features artists such as Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheehan, Kevin Hart, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
Time of death is considered when a person has gone into cardiac arrest. This is the cessation of the electrical impulse that drive the heartbeat. As a result, the heart locks up. The moment the heart stops is considered time of death. But does death overtake our mind immediately afterward or does it slowly creep in?
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.