What God Sounds Like
"Who would have thought that the sound of God would be so whiny?" quips The Independent. Physicists at the LHC say "the God particle" sounds like "a bunch of coins spinning in a wine glass."
"Who would have thought that the sound of God would be so whiny?" quips The Independent. Physicists at the LHC say "the God particle" sounds like "a bunch of coins spinning in a wine glass." "The Holy Grail of the £6bn collider is to eventually produce a Higgs boson, the elusive, hypothetical particle which supposedly gives mass to other particles and will help scientists understand how the universe's first atoms came into existence...But while a physical Higgs boson has yet to be created, scientists have used computer programs to model what it might look like."
It's the first time the association hasn't hired a comedian in 16 years.
- The 2018 WHCA ended in controversy after comedian Michelle Wolf made jokes some considered to be offensive.
- The WHCA apologized for Wolf's jokes, though some journalists and many comedians backed the comedian and decried arguments in favor of limiting the types of speech permitted at the event.
- Ron Chernow, who penned a bestselling biography of Alexander Hamilton, will speak at next year's dinner.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
A study on flies may hold the key to future addiction treatments.
- A new study suggests that drinking alcohol can affect how memories are stored away as good or bad.
- This may have drastic implications for how addiction is caused and how people recall intoxication.
- The findings may one day lead to a new form of treatment for those suffering from addiction.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.