Water for Moonbases?
Finding frozen water in some parts of the moon has implications for space exploration including the possible supply of water and oxygen for a manned moonbase.
"Finding useful quantities of frozen water on the moon would have implications for space exploration. Not only would it provide water and oxygen for a manned moonbase, it would also give astronauts a source of hydrogen to use in rocket fuel. Extracting gases from water becomes cost-effective when the amount of ice in lunar soil rises above 1%... At the levels found, astronauts would have to process one cubic metre of lunar soil to get 100 millitres of water, or less than a fifth of a pint." "What we found was...an oasis in an otherwise desert on the moon..."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.