Warming? Ask Business.
While political debates might suggest that the question of climate change is yet unresolved, the world of industry and commerce is convinced that global warming is real, and imminent.
While political debates might suggest that the question of climate change is yet unresolved (or worse, a shady liberal scheme), the world of industry and commerce is convinced that global warming is real, and imminent. Companies' greed plants them inevitably in the "reality-based community" writes Clive Thomson, and, as such, many businesses are already looking for ways to exploit the changing climate—or protect their businesses from the sea-level rise.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.